Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Training Update 4.5

Brief update today. Today's work out consisted of some chest and back utilizing what is called "push pull." Basically you alternate between those muscle groups that push and those that pull, in effect creating a rest that is not a rest.

This can be done between sets (alternate 1 set bench with 1 set pull ups) or between exercises (3 sets of 10 reps of bench followed by 3 sets of 10 reps of pull ups).

The former is akin to what is called super setting and requires better recovery ability with the shorter the rest time. I currently use the latter.



My work out consisted of:

20 minutes elliptical
3 x 10, 9, 8 Bench (each to failure)
3 x 10, 9, 9 pull ups (45lb weight assisted)
3 x 10, 10, 9 Dips (45lb weight assisted)
3 x 10 seated rows
10 minutes elliptical

I was kinda gassed so stopped there. When I weighed in this morning I was 268lb. Excellent! I look at each ten pound increment as a barrier to be broken through. Thus, I broke the "70" barrier and setting my sights on the "60."

BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...