Translate

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Training Update 4.10

     Alright, alright.  I know too many training updates and not enough 40k content, but I could not resist.

     I just had to share the last two days of training as I feel I have turned a bit of a corner and gained some small improvement lately. Friday I hit back and shoulders. I felt solid and ended up knocking out 4 sets of 7 repetitions (reps) with about 135% of my current body weight; 4 sets of 8 reps of unassisted pull ups, and some machine work. Shoulders started strong with standing Barbell Presses at about 55% of current body weight. I clean the weight off the floor and strive to not use my legs to push the weight. Finished with some more shoulder presses with Dumbbells and laterals. Not overly exciting except I had a very solid fullness in my back and has some nice increases in the amount of weight I used.

     The big news happened this morning. Today was a cardio day and I warmed up, stretched, and then doggedly  waddled up to the treadmill for another 5k run. I ended up blowing away my personal record (PR) of 39 minutes 20 seconds...knocking out the 5k in 36minutes 4 seconds...Nice!

     There are still plenty of young children and elderly that can just smoke that time in their sleep while texting on their cell phone...but I will take whatever gains I can get! I now have the 30 minute barrier firmly in my sights and it is much closer than it once was.

    Thanks for the read,
    BDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...