Translate

Monday, November 3, 2014

Back in the Saddle

So 2014 is almost over and I trained very little this year.

I hit a peak around May...then some things happened. I will just own it and say..."I let myself go, ate everything in sight, and only worked in the gym on stuff that padded my ego."

I could make a bunch of excuses....but they would just be a bunch of excuses.

So, time to own it, face the music and start back in.

Today's training was aimed at assessment and starting with what I am currently weakest at...conditioning.

Completed a 5k in 47 minutes...yeah it was walk, walk faster, little bit of running, then more walking...rinse and repeat until the damn counter finally reached 3.1 miles. Body weight is at 280lbs at 6' 2".

Assessment bench....315lb went up fairly smooth though shoulders were wobbly and there was not much left in the tank. I would place my everyday max around 350lb right now...a solid 40lb drop from a year ago.

Time to get to work.

Diet changes will start small. Good nutritious meals M-Sat. Stopping the King Size portions and going with "Normal Human" size portions for now. Sundays I will eat whatever I want, but stop short of eating enough to feed a small village for a week.

Sundays will be the only non-training day as well.

Settings my goals within the "realistic" zone for now.

Thanks for the read,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...